The Junos Security (JSEC) course covers configuration, operation, and implementation of SRX Series Services Gateways in a typical network environment. Key topics within this course include security technologies such as security zones, security policies, intrusion detection and prevention (IDP), Network Address Translation (NAT), and high availability clusters, as well as details pertaining to basic implementation, configuration, and management.
- Describe traditional routing and security and the current trends in internetworking.
- Provide an overview of SRX Series devices and software architecture.
- Describe the logical packet flow and session creation performed by SRX Series devices.
- Describe, configure, and monitor zones.
- Describe, configure, and monitor security policies.
- Describe, configure, and monitor firewall user authentication.
- Describe various types of network attacks.
- Configure and monitor SCREEN options to prevent network attacks.
- Explain, implement, and monitor NAT on Junos security platforms.
- Explain the purpose and mechanics of IP Security (IPsec) virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement and monitor policy-based and route-based IPsec VPNs.
- Utilize and update the IDP signature database.
- Configure and monitor IDP policy with policy templates.
- Describe, configure, and monitor high availability chassis clusters.